January 25, 2012

A Fictional Dating Profile

Gwen as a child
I've known people who admitted to their having exaggerated their own good qualities on dating websites, and I've read enough of these fictionalized rhapsodies to find them quite entertaining.  I decided to create one based upon a made-up person named Gwendolyn Glossup.  I feel tempted to post it on one of those dating sites, like Match.com or E-Harmony, but I doubt that it would be worth the money to have it rejected by the sites themselves.  Still,  I wonder if Gwendolyn would receive any takers, were her profile to be posted somewhere.





before plastic surgery


after winning the Nobel Prize
Screen name:  The Purple Sex Kitten  (Gwendolyn Glossup)

Age.......39 plus

Married....four times

Height...5’7”

Body type...A bit of this and a dab of that

Religion....Unorthodox.  Worship in the pastry section of Treasure Island Foods

Music...New Age and anything else I can roller blade to

Eye color...violet (left eye), green (right eye)

Dislikes:  cilantro, cracked pepper, people who use their cell phones as substitutes for real human contact,  George W Bush, Dick Cheney, Peewee Hermann, and people who leave their shopping carts blowing around the parking lot

Hobbies:  Collecting shrunken heads and potatoes that look like shrunken heads

Pets:  Two goldfish named Laverne and Shirley

Politics:  Independent (Republicrat)

Exercise:  Are you kidding?

Children:  Something will have to freeze over first

Ethnicity:  Hawaiian/Dutch/English

Education:  Diplomas and degrees from matchbook cover schools

Drinking:  Like a fish

Sex!
Hair color:  Mauve and lavender

Smoking: Only Cuban cigars

Income:  Occasionally

Favorite pastime:  Trying to put my feet up over my head while watching OPRAH

About my date:  Someone with arms and legs, who enjoys watching reruns of THE LOVE BOAT.  A very special turn-on would be if he looked like Floyd the barber from THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW or Eb from GREEN ACRES.  Otherwise I’m not fussy and will date anyone who is not currently in an oxygen tent or iron lung.  XOXOXOXO